Your Adventure Awaits
Made up of nearly 98,000 square miles, Wyoming is the 10th largest state with over half of its vast and expansive landscape dedicated to public use.
As participation in the outdoors continues to grow, Wyoming’s Office of Outdoor Recreation recognizes the importance of promoting responsible recreation and the need for quality, accessible resources.
In summer of 2021, a new ambassador program for outdoor recreation across the state was launched, Wyoming Outdoor Recreation’s Pathfinder Program.
Pathfinders will engage and assist visitors, residents, and local businesses and organizations by providing accurate and detailed information in regard to outdoor recreation and activities such as hiking, biking, camping, fishing, hunting, local happenings and events, and state and federal agency rules and regulations in their designated region of the state.
The Pathfinder program is the first of its kind amongst offices of outdoor recreation, and Wyoming is thrilled to offer this level of concierge services and support to our visitors and local communities.
Why should I contact a regional Pathfinder?
I am an outdoor recreationist looking for information on recreational opportunities and areas of interest in the region. Some examples may include:
- Motorized and non-motorized trails
- State Parks and Historic Sites
- National Parks, Monuments and Forest Service
- Wyoming Game and Fish rules, regulations, access and hunter management areas
- Bureau of Land Management areas
- Where to purchase outdoor gear and accessories
I am a local business or organization looking for support from my regional Pathfinder. Some examples may include:
- Connecting a customer(s) and Pathfinder to discuss recreational opportunities and activities
- Updating a WONDER Map listing
- Promoting an outdoor recreation related event via our Event Calendar and social channels
- Attending an outdoor recreation related event on behalf of Wyoming Outdoor Recreation. This may include running an information table, interacting with guests, volunteering, etc.
- Working together for educational workshops, demonstrations, etc.
For more information about the Pathfinder Program and/or general inquiries, please email us.