Your Adventure Awaits
Made up of nearly 98,000 square miles, Wyoming is the 10th largest state with over half of its vast and expansive landscape dedicated to public use.
As participation in the outdoors continues to grow, Wyoming’s Office of Outdoor Recreation recognizes the importance of promoting responsible recreation and the need for quality, accessible resources.
In summer of 2021, a new ambassador program for outdoor recreation across the state was launched, Wyoming Outdoor Recreation’s Pathfinder Program.
Pathfinders will engage and assist visitors, residents, and local businesses and organizations by providing accurate and detailed information in regard to outdoor recreation and activities such as hiking, biking, camping, fishing, hunting, local happenings and events, and state and federal agency rules and regulations in their designated region of the state.
The Pathfinder program is the first of its kind amongst offices of outdoor recreation, and Wyoming is thrilled to offer this level of concierge services and support to our visitors and local communities.
Why should I contact a regional Pathfinder?
I am an outdoor recreationist looking for information on recreational opportunities and areas of interest in the region. Some examples may include:
- Motorized and non-motorized trails
- State Parks and Historic Sites
- National Parks, Monuments and Forest Service
- Wyoming Game and Fish rules, regulations, access and hunter management areas
- Bureau of Land Management areas
- Where to purchase outdoor gear and accessories
I am a local business or organization looking for support from my regional Pathfinder. Some examples may include:
- Connecting a customer(s) and Pathfinder to discuss recreational opportunities and activities
- Updating a WONDER Map listing
- Promoting an outdoor recreation related event via our Event Calendar and social channels
- Attending an outdoor recreation related event on behalf of Wyoming Outdoor Recreation. This may include running an information table, interacting with guests, volunteering, etc.
- Working together for educational workshops, demonstrations, etc.
Contact Your Regional Pathfinder
Bruce Scigliano, based out of Sheridan, Wyoming
Linda Fittje, based out of Casper, Wyoming
For more information about the Pathfinder Program and/or general inquiries, please email us.
Wyoming Pathfinder Podcast
Wyoming Pathway to Adventure
Offering information and insight to recreationalists of all skill levels, these exciting weekly episodes will explore the many outdoor recreational opportunities and locations across the state as we highlight everything from cross country skiing and biking trails, to local gear shops and non-profit organizations to outdoor events and happenings!
Our Latest Episode:
(Click the "Follow" button below to view the full list of our episodes on Spotify. Link opens in new tab.)
Are you new to the outdoors? Check out our sweet and simple "how-to" segments to ease you into outdoor recreation with peace of mind!
How to Watch Wildlife Safely:
How to Poop in the Wild:
How to Pitch a Tent:
How to Get Lost:
How to Keep Your Stuff Safe:
How to Make a Survival Kit:
How to Make a Winter Survival Kit For Your Car:
How to Make Water Drinkable:
How to Travel Safely On Ice:
How to Face the Unexpected:
How to Choose a Campsite:
How to Prevent Frostbite:
How to Read a Paper Map:
How to Release Your Pet From a Trap Or Snare:
How to Share the Trail:
How to Snowshoe:
How to Watch Wildlife Safely:
How to Plan an Outdoor Adventure: