The Sweetwater County Outdoor Recreation Collaborative was established in early 2021, and represents Sweetwater County. Sweetwater County is unique in that a portion of the county is covered by the checkerboard. SCORC works with businesses, landowners, and government agencies to sustainably utilize Sweetwater County’s exceptional amount of public land, while also being mindful of the checkerboard. An objective of SCORC is to vocalize the outdoor recreation destination potential of Sweetwater County for both motorized, and non-motorized recreation.
Collaborative Steering Committee Members:
- Randy “Doc” Wendling, Sweetwater County Commission
- Pete Rust, City of Green River
- Jenissa Meredith, Sweetwater County Tourism
- Eric Bingham, Sweetwater County Land Use
- Dylan Bear, Sweetwater County Schools
- Mark Kot, Citizen Rock Springs/Retired Co Planner
- Mark Lyons, Rock Springs City Parks
For more information about Sweetwater County Outdoor Recreation Collaborative, please contact Brynn Hirschman at 307-701-5011; email@example.com or Alex Fernandez at 307-701-0151 firstname.lastname@example.org.