The Natrona County Outdoor Recreation Collaborative(NCORC) represents communities within Natrona County. NCORC held its first meeting on February 17, 2022. The Collaborative brings together business owners, land managers, non-profit groups, elected officials, and recreationalists from varied interest groups who have the common goal of repairing and expanding outdoor recreation opportunities. The collaborative has worked to have as many outdoor interest groups included in the collaborative as possible. NCORC is currently working on several projects including a pedestrian bridge over the North Platte River, expanding trail from Casper to Edness Kimball Wilkins State Park, installing lighting at Hogadon for night skiing, installing new boat ramps on the North Platte River and making improvements to Izaak Walton Campground.
Collaborative Steering Committee Members:
- Jason DeWitt, Casper Chamber of Commerce
- Michael Brown, Natrona Co Parks-Road & Bridge
- Steve Horn, Wyoming State Parks
- Zulima Lopez, City of Casper Parks & Rec
- Erik Aune, North Platte Lodge/Reef Fly Shop
- Angela Emery, Platte River Trails